- Please remember to call 811 before you dig to ensure that you do not accidentally puncture gas, water, electric, phone or cable lines.
- If you smell natural gas call Englewood City Hall at (423) 887-7224 weekly from 8:00 a.m. - 4:30 p.m. After normal operating hours call Dispatch at (423) 745-3222. Natural gas is odorless therefore we add an odorant which smells like rotten eggs. If you ever smell this odor please open windows or doors and go outside. Call us from a neighbor’s house, do not turn any electrical switches on or off and please do not have any source of flame which could create any source of combustion.
- Natural Gas Public Awareness Notice
Natural Gas Meter Tap Fee's
- $750.00 (Including all apparatus to complete the tap, except the service line)
- Cost plus 10% (Service line)
Natural Gas Rate:
Residential: The minimum charge for gas usage is $6.00 for the first 3 units used. Rates beyond 3 units vary monthly depending upon the rate of gas that the city is billed.
Commercial: The minimum charge for gas usage is $9.00 for the first 3 units used. Rates beyond 3 units vary monthly depending upon the rate of gas that the city is billed.
Payment is due on 10th of each month. If the 10th falls on a weekend or a holiday. Payment is due by Noon the following business day without a penalty.
Need Energy Assistance?
Southeast Tennessee Human Resource Agency (SETHRA) may be able to help. SETHRA provides public transportation, emergency rent, utility assistance, weatherization assistance, low income heat assistance, commodities and emergency aid as funding permits. The transportation is provided to the public regardless of their income. All other services are designed for low income households. SETHRA is state and federally funded. Visit the SETHRA Website.